Student-Athlete Development Intern - University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 250 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Student-Athlete Development Intern.
The Student-Athlete Development Intern will assist in the creation, planning, and execution of Student-Athlete Development programs. Under the direct supervision of the Director for Student-Athlete Development, the intern will assist in the operational success of student career preparation, organizing community outreach programs, facilitating character/leadership development, as well as coordination of the Golden Bear Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC). This is an academic-year, part-time, volunteer position.
- Identify and coordinate monthly community outreach opportunities for student-athletes.
- Assist with GBAC meeting logistics and supporting GBAC advisor and leadership with projects.
- Coordinate with Athletic Study Center personnel to promote events and services.
- Update online department information and Cal Student-Athlete Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms regularly.
- Maintain LinkedIn Cal Student-Athlete Network group for student-athlete networking, internship and job postings and employer relations.
- Create and distribute Student-Athlete Development programming evaluation and reports.
- Communicate with vendors and submit online purchasing forms.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Experience working with a student-athlete or similar population.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, procedures, techniques, and concepts related to student-athlete development.
- Availability to work on nights and weekends.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstration of high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and initiative.
- Master's Degree, or internship credit required for degree in progress.
- Familiarity with NCAA and Pac-12 Conference regulations and procedures.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment to email@example.com.
For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com. The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.