Current available jobs that best match pac:
» Graphic Designer - Pac-12 Conference (San Francisco, CA)
» Future Notification Only - College Sports Job Board (Various Locations, US)
Communications: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Graphic Designer - Pac-12 Conference (San Francisco, CA)
Company and Current Situation:
On July 1, 2009, Larry Scott joined the then Pac-10 Conference as its sixth Commissioner, succeeding Tom Hansen who had been in the role the previous 26 years. Over the past two years Commissioner Scott has led the transformation and evolution of the Conference into a nationally and internationally recognized collegiate sports brand. In July 2011, the Pac-10 officially became the Pac-12 Conference with the addition of the University of Colorado and the University of Utah.
The Conference has a tradition as the “Conference of Champions,” earning more than 175 NCAA team titles over the past 20 years, and has led the nation in NCAA Championships in 44 of the last 50 years. The Conference comprises 12 leading U.S. universities: The University of Arizona, Arizona State University, the University of California-Berkeley, the University of California at Los Angeles, the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Stanford University, the University of Southern California, the University of Washington, Washington State University, the University of Utah, and the University of Colorado.
With more than 120 Nobel Laureates across all of its campuses and 465 NCAA Championships, the Conference is synonymous with both academic excellence and athletic success.
The Pac-12 Conference is seeking team members that aspire to build the Pac-12 to be the leading collegiate athletic conference in the Unites States. Pac-12 Enterprises is committed to diversity and gender equality in the workplace. We encourage applications from women and people of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds. Pac-12 Enterprises is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: Director, Marketing
The Pac-12 Graphic Designer will play a central role in bringing the Pac-12 brand to life through multiple platforms and mediums. The Pac-12 Graphic Designer will work with the Conference team and outside resources to execute strategies and plans to promote the business interests and reputation of the Pac-12 Conference while also integrating and supporting the marketing interests of the member institutions.
The ideal candidate will play a vital role in supporting the enhancements of the Conference’s visibility at a local, national and global level in an effort to continue to increase the brand’s value. The candidate must exhibit a passion for intercollegiate athletics and keep a balanced perspective on varying interests and opportunities for the Pac-12 Conference, managing the need for innovation, while simultaneously preserving the Pac-12’s rich traditions and academic heritage. The Pac-12 Graphic Designer will assist in upholding the Pac-12’s values of integrity and heritage all the while focusing on helping to continue the transformation of the Pac-12 into an industry leading global brand. This role will serve as lead in-house designer and work closely with the Pac-12 Vice President, Marketing and Marketing Director on event, collateral, signage, environmental graphics, web, social, digital, championship and miscellaneous design.
- Collaborate with Conference team to create and execute approved marketing programs & campaigns
- Create, design and execute Pac-12 marketing campaigns in conjunction with all Conference and Networks teams
- Fulfill all Conference design needs including, but not limited to, collateral, web, merchandise, signage, print elements using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Manage Pac-12 Style Guide fulfillment with institutional equipment and facilities management to ensure the Pac-12 brand guidelines are followed by all 12 member institutions across the 14 sports it sponsors
- Assist CMO and Director of Business Operations with various communications to internal and external constituents including, but not limited to PowerPoint, Keynote, Creative Suite presentations and materials
- Develop materials for Council and CEO Group meetings
- Assist with all Pac-12 Championship and Tournament events including event production beyond graphic design (brand ambassador, event load in/out, etc.)
- Create comprehensive event recaps to place media value on Pac-12 branding efforts
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, maintain conference benchmarking and make recommendations on new strategies and opportunities
- Assist in creation of sponsor / partner activations in conjunction with Pac-12 Networks
- Serve as Pac-12 historian for Conference’s environmental graphics to procure elements for office space along with keeping all design elements relevant
- Manage Purchase Orders and Invoices for orders placed with outside vendors
- VP Marketing
- Director Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Director of Business Operations
- Pac-12 Sports Management Team
- Pac-12 Digital Team
- VP of Public Affairs
- VP of Communications
- VP of Operations
The successful candidate must exhibit a passion for intercollegiate athletics and ability to pursue innovative opportunities for the Pac-12 while upholding the Conference’s rich traditions and academic heritage.
- Highly pro-active, goal oriented and a motivated attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written, design and verbal)
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Must have a minimum of 2 years design studio / agency experience
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint)
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite Design Skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Keynote with Flash / HTML knowledge a plus)
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger team.
- Organized with an acute attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and a solutions driven problem solver
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of the team
Creative with a focus on meeting objectives through innovation
- Must be available to travel, work weekends and evenings when needed and lift / carry items that are 40 lbs. or less
- B.A. required – recommended in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, Communication Arts, Communication Design, Digital Media, Marketing or Sports Marketing fields (or other degree or equivalent)
Please also include a cover letter stating your professional goals and how they relate to the Graphic Designer opportunity.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - College Sports Job Board (Various Locations, US)
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any job. Rather, you can be notified of positions as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to "edit your information" at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ