Current available jobs that best match pac:
» Sport Management Fellow - Pac-12 Conference (San Francisco, CA)
» Future Notification Only - College Sports Job Board (Various Locations, US)
Internships: Any Internship
Sport Management Fellow - Pac-12 Conference (San Francisco, CA)
PAC-12 CONFERENCE SPORT MANAGEMENT FELLOW
Company and Current Situation
On July 1, 2009, Larry Scott joined the then Pac-10 Conference as its sixth Commissioner, succeeding Tom Hansen who had been in the role the previous 26 years. Over the past five years Commissioner Scott has led the transformation and evolution of the Conference into a nationally and internationally recognized collegiate sports brand. In July 2011, the Pac-10 officially became the Pac-12 Conference with the addition of the University of Colorado and the University of Utah.
The Conference has a tradition as the “Conference of Champions,” earning more than 180 NCAA team titles over the past 20 years, and has led the nation in NCAA Championships in 44 of the last 50 years. The Conference comprises 12 leading U.S. universities: The University of Arizona, Arizona State University, the University of California-Berkeley, the University of Colorado, the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Stanford University, the University of California at Los Angeles, the University of Southern California, the University of Utah, the University of Washington, and Washington State University.
With more than 120 Nobel Laureates across all of its campuses and 471 NCAA Championships, the Conference is synonymous with both academic excellence and athletic success.
The Pac-12 Conference is seeking team members that aspire to build the Pac-12 to be the leading collegiate athletic conference in the Unites States. The Pac-12 Conference is committed to diversity and gender equality in the workplace. We encourage applications from women and people of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds. The Pac-12 Conference is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Conference office is located in San Francisco, CA.
The Sport Management Fellowship:
The Pac-12 Conference Sport Management Fellowship will have a 12-month term with a projected start date of July 1, 2015. The core focus of the program is that the experience is beneficial to the Fellow and to the college athletic community in general and will help provide an initial entry into the profession of athletic administration.
In addition to the day-to-day core functions described below, the Sport Management Fellowship will work to provide opportunities such as working alongside industry leaders in the Conference office, observation of meetings, job shadowing, conducting informational interviews to explore job interests, visiting member institutions, networking with individuals within institution athletic departments, as well as other opportunities identified as appropriate relative to the Fellowship incumbent.
The Fellowship is a paid position and includes, medical, dental, and vision insurance. The Pac-12 Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sport Management Fellowship Core Functions:
· Assist in compiling the ballots and serve on the All-Academic awards program selection committee
· Prepare rewards for Pac-12 players of the week in all fall, winter, and spring seasons
· Assist with the preparation and distribution of signage and other promotional materials for the championships
· Assist in the administration of the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Tournament
· Assist championships events directors with management of activities
· Administer and compile benchmarking of championships events
· Attend designated officiating clinics
· Compile data regarding coaches' ratings of officials
· Create and circulate officiating surveys
· Assist all Coordinators with web based officiating site as needed
· Serve as Conference media relations contact for a Pac-12 sponsored sport in the spring season
· Serve as the secondary liaison to the Pac-12 SAAC
· Prepare and assemble meeting materials for semi-annual Pac-12 Conference SAAC meetings
· Help organize a community service project for each meeting
· Assist in management of nominations and selection procedures for Pac-12 Sportsmanship Award and Pac-12 Leadership Award
· Review drafts of agendas for Conference coaches meetings
· Observe selected Conference meetings in and assist with facilitation of meetings
· Assist in management of nominations and selection procedures for Pac-12 Postgraduate Scholarship
· Assist with miscellaneous research for Conference staff
Note: The position will also include other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core function as listed above. The educational and employment requirements are listed below:
· BA/BS from a Pac-12 Institution
· Have experience as an undergraduate varsity student-athlete
· Have an interest in intercollegiate athletics administration and in pursuing a career in some aspect of this field
· Willing and able to relocate to the Bay Area
Application Process: In order to be considered, all applicants must apply through the position posting on www.teamworkonline.com. This position will be posted and will be open through February 15, 2015. When applying through Teamwork Online, please also include a cover letter stating your professional goals and how they relate to the Sports Management Fellowship opportunity.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Did you attend a Pac-12 Institution? 2. Were you a Division I Varsity athlete? 3. What sport? 4. Have you ever worked in an athletic department? 5. Were you a member of SAAC?
1. Did you attend a Pac-12 Institution?
2. Were you a Division I Varsity athlete?
3. What sport?
4. Have you ever worked in an athletic department?
5. Were you a member of SAAC?
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - College Sports Job Board (Various Locations, US)
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any job. Rather, you can be notified of positions as they become posted matching the notification buttons you checked on this application form.
If you wish to update your information, go to "edit your information" at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ